News & Resources
SanAntonioSeniors.com provides links, local news, and resources for the senior and elderly community and their families of San Antonio, Texas.
Alzheimer’s Association | Information on Alzheimer’s disease and dementia symptoms, diagnosis, stages, treatment, care and support resources.
American Cancer Society | Learn about cancer research, patient services, early detection, treatment and education.
American Diabetes Association | Preventing and curing diabetes and improving the lives of all people affected by it.
American Lung Association | Improving lung health and preventing lung disease.
- West End Park Senior Center – 1226 NW 18th St., San Antonio, TX 78207
- South Side Lions Senior Center – 3303 Pecan Valley Dr., San Antonio, TX 78210
- District 5 Senior Center – 2701 S. Presa, San Antonio, Texas 78210
- Alicia Treviño López Senior Center – 8353 Culebra Rd., San Antonio, TX 78251
- Bob Ross Senior Center – 2219 Babcock, San Antonio, TX 78229
- District 2 Senior Center – 1751 South W.W. White Rd., San Antonio, TX 78220
- Willie M. Cortez Senior Center – 5512 S.W. Military Dr., San Antonio, TX 78242
- Normoyle Senior Center – 700 Culberson, San Antonio, Texas 78211
- Doris Griffin Senior Center – 6157 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238
- Northeast Senior Center – 4135 Thousand Oaks, San Antonio, TX 78217
- San Antonio NE Vet Center – 9504 N Interstate 35 #214, San Antonio, TX 78233
- US Dept. of Veteran Affairs – 8410 Datapoint Dr., San Antonio, TX 78229
- Frank M. Tejeda VA Outpatient Clinic – 5788 Eckhert Rd., San Antonio, TX 78240
- Veterans Fair Commision – 7400 Merton Minter St., San Antonio, TX 78229
- VA Outpatient Clinic – 2391 NE Interstate 410 Loop, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Sharvano Park Outpatient Clinic – 4350 Lockhill Selma Rd., San Antonio, TX 78249
- Bexar County Veterans Services – 233 N Pecos St. #320, San Antonio, TX 78207
- San Antonio NW Vet Center – 9910 W Loop 1604 N #126, San Antonio, TX 78254
- North Central Federal Clinic – 17440 Henderson Pass, San Antonio, TX 78232
- South Texas Veterans Health Care System – 4318 Woodcock Dr., #120, San Antonio, TX 78228
- South Bexar County VA Outpatient Clinic – 4610 E Southcross, San Antonio, TX 78222
- Balcones Heights Outpatient Clinic – 4522 Fredericksburg Rd. A-88, A-10, San Antonio, TX 78201
- Golden Bingo – 1327 Bandera Rd., San Antonio, TX 78228
- Blanco Bingo – 3719 Blanco Rd., San Antonio, TX 78212
- Circus Bingo SA – Culebra Crossing, 8373 Culebra Rd. #301, San Antonio, TX 78251
- Northeast Bingo – 11123 I-35, San Antonio, TX 78233
- Randy’s Bingo – 1534 Bandera Rd., San Antonio, TX 78228
- Bandera Late Night Bingo – 5810 Bandera Rd., San Antonio, TX 78238
- Marbach Bingo – 7014 Marbach Rd., San Antonio, TX 78227
- Power Bingo – 502 Embassy Oaks, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Flamingo Bingo – 12330 Nacogdoches Rd., San Antonio, TX 78217
- Jackpot Bingo – 13307 San Pedro Ave., San Antonio, TX 78216
- Play-Mor Bingo – 919 Pleasanton Rd., San Antonio, TX 78214
- Megabucks Bingo – 2111 Goliad Rd., San Antonio, TX 78223
- Southeast Bingo – 1131 SE Military Dr., San Antonio, TX 78214
- Grissom Bingo – 8741 Grissom Rd., San Antonio, TX 78251
- I 35 Bingo – 6830 I-35, San Antonio, TX 78218
- Callaghan Bingo and Bunko – 1416 Callaghan Rd., San Antonio, TX 78228
- Unique Bingo & Ballroom – -1434 Callaghan Rd., San Antonio, TX 78228
- Hilltop Bingo – 10630 S US Highway 181, San Antonio, TX 78223
- Ingram Late Night Bingo – 6709 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78238
- Mission Bingo – 1219 SE Military Dr., San Antonio, TX 78214
10 Tips for Caring for an Elderly Family Member Long-Distance
Ten essential tips that will help you care for your elderly family member from afar.
Top 10 Foods That Will Boost Your Immunity After 55
The top 10 foods that you can easily find and incorporate into your diet to help support a healthy immune system.
Enjoy Better-for-You Foods Focused on Flavor
(Family Features) From salads and snacks to breakfast, lunch and dinner, rounding out a full menu of healthy meals shouldn’t be a chore. In fact,...
Pets for Better Wellbeing
(Family Features) Through trying times, pets continue to play a critical role in people’s everyday lives, easing minds and filling hearts....
6 Ways to Build Lasting Healthy Habits
(Family Features) Starting on a path toward healthy habits is often easier than maintaining them long term. This year, you can avoid a major pitfall...
Staying Healthy During the Holidays for Seniors
Let’s take a look at how seniors can remain safe and healthy this season.
A Leading Cause of Vision Loss is Flying Under the Radar
(Family Features) The number of Americans 65 years of age and over continues to rise, according to the United States Census Bureau. While many in...
7 Tips for Caring for a Loved One from Afar
(Family Features) Caring for a family member or loved one with a serious health condition like Parkinson’s disease (PD) can be a big undertaking and...
5 Steps for Women to Reduce Their Risk of COPD
(Family Features) If you’re a woman who tries to stay healthy, you may exercise several times per week, watch what you eat and get 7-9 hours...
How to Find the Perfect Assisted Living Facility for Your Parents
When it comes time for our parents to retire, many of us face the dilemma of what is the best way to care for them. Do we keep them at home and hire...
Travel Destinations for Senior Citizens: Get Up and Go!
As we age, it becomes more important to stay active both mentally and physically. One great way to do this is by travel! There are many travel...
How Urinary Symptoms May Lead Men to Avoid Activities
Provided by Family Features Men with urinary symptoms common with an enlarged prostate, also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH, may...
Pumpkins Around Town
Fall and pumpkins go hand-in-hand. Whether it be for jack-o-lanterns, to paint, or for simple decor, pumpkins are essential when it comes to fall....
Conviva Care Center featured on SA Woman
Two doctors with Conviva Care Center are doing big things to help the senior care community of San Antonio. Read full story here:...
Staying Physically and Mentally Fit
Staying healthy is not just about being physically fit, you need to be mentally fit as well. Physical and mental health go hand-in-hand, at any age....
The Gift of the Covid-19 Vaccine
By Jill B. Byrd For families with loved ones in assisted living communities, the COVID-19 global health pandemic has taken its toll. The rollout of...
This is Home: The Choice to End Retirement
Russ and Millie Woda moved into Franklin Park Independent Living Community at Sonterra in 2016. They never imagined that four years later they would...
Celebrating the Holidays in 2020
A safe way to commemorate the holidays. For many, this holiday season will be celebrated very differently than previous years. A lot of us...
Put Your Best Self Forward on Video Calls
EXPERTS OFFER TIPS ON HOW TO BRING YOUR A-GAME TO THE INTERNET Since the Coronavirus shut down most of the city back in March, many women are having...
September is one of my favorite months as the weather begins to enjoyable again for outdoor activities and exercise and the trees begin their color...
6 Senior Scams to Be Aware Of
By The Etta at Shavano Park Assisted Living and Memory Care Did you know that billions of dollars are taken away from vulnerable seniors every year...
6 At-Home Workouts for Seniors from The Etta at Shavano Park
Many people are still getting used to practicing social distancing. While this might mean you are not able to exercise at your local gym or park,...
Finding a Family Caregiver
Many seniors eventually need some help from others while only a minority of people transition from being fully independent to deceased. When an...
A Life-Changing Experience
Top 5 Best Technology Resources for Seniors
Advanced technology and smart devices help make daily tasks easier and improve the quality of life.
Latest from The Village at Incarnate Word
What's happening this month? Download the latest edition of The View to hear from our CEO, learn more about the 2019 Champagne and Shamrock Gala and...